Friday, October 17, 2014

Vegetarian Lunchbox Inspiration: Week 6

 
A weekly re-cap that is on time for once, it IS possible!  This weeks lunches were all very successful and came back nearly empty!
Monday:
PB&honey "sushi" rolls, PB pretzel sandwiches, grapes, strawberries, egg, carrot, and cashews.
Tuesday:
I felt kinda bad that I hadn't done a "fun" lunch in a while so I took a few extra minutes on Monday night to throw this PB & Fruit Owl together. I tried to keep the blueberries on the bananas with a drop of honey but they slid off anyway.  That was the only thing that moved though and she still knew it was an owl and loved it! Strawberries, blueberries, carrots, cucumbers, and a hard-boiled egg complete the lunch.
 Wednesday:
It was field trip day to the farm and the teacher sent a note home specifically requesting a brown bag lunch with all disposable items.  That was tough! I usually pack her Yumbox in an insulated tote with an ice pack so I kept todays lunch old school. There is a Sunbutter & honey sandwich, grapes, applesauce, and a juice box (which is a rare treat for her). I also packed an antibacterial wipe just to make sure she had clean hands after touching all those farm animals!
 Thursday:
I have been wanting to try a pizza of some sort in her lunchbox for a while but wasn't sure she would like cold pizza.  SPOILER ALERT: she LOVES it! One of the people I follow on Instagram, thecherryblossomsbox,  had done a super cute mummy pizza and I decided to try it out. I toasted a multi-grain English muffin, added pizza sauce and strips of mozzarella cheese to look like bandages and added black olive slices for eyes and baked it in the toaster oven at 450 for a couple of minutes. I probably left it in a bit too long because my cheese bandages all melted together but the important thing was that she loved it and asked for another pizza the next day! There is also an egg with bat sprinkle eyes to turn it into a ghost, raspberries, blueberries, diced bell pepper, and cucumbers.
 Friday:
As requested by my 5yo, another English muffin pizza.  This one with bell peppers and black olives. There is also an egg, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, cashews, pistachios, and delicious leftover roasted broccoli (recipe I used here). I usually steam broccoli at least once a week for a side dish and everyone loves it but after eating it this way, I may never go back to steaming it again, it was YUMMY!
 
What is your child's favorite thing to eat in their lunchbox?
 
Happy lunch packing,
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment