Friday, September 12, 2014

Vegetarian Lunchbox inspiration: Week 1

Hello and welcome to Packed With Love and Veggies!  I recently started to make packed lunches for my Kindergartener and post the pictures on Instagram (follow here).  I have a passion for eating and feeding my family healthy and {mostly} clean vegetarian meals as well as creating papercrafts and now fun lunches for my kids.  I love finding inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram and decided at the beginning of the week to add my lunchbox creations to the wonderful variety to be found online.  I will try to post a weekly re-cap of lunches here on the blog with links to recipes I made. I also create a little lunchbox note each day often with my rubber stamps, Cricut, or just a drawing. Here goes my first week!

**This is actually the 2nd week of Kindergarten for my girl but since I didn't start taking pictures until Tuesday of this week I'll just call it week 1.**

Tuesday:
Lunch includes a Whole Wheat Carrot Cake Muffin (recipe found on Simple As That blog here).  I made a batch and froze them for lunches. Honeydew, raspberries, mini bell peppers and cucumbers cut into heart shapes, a hard-boiled egg, Havarti dill cheese and pistachios (which I forgot to add before I took the picture) finish off lunch.
 The lunchbox is a Yumbox (which is awesome and will hopefully be available on Amazon again next week).  Seriously, this lunchbox is fantastic.  SO easy to clean, my 5 year old can open it without help and it's pretty cute and comes in lots of fun colors.
 Wednesday:
Wednesday's lunch was packed with all my daughters favorites.  PB&honey "sushi" roll, hard-boiled egg, black olives, cheese, crackers, mini bell peppers, grapes, raspberries, and pistachios.
 I used a silicone muffin liner to separate the egg and black olives, two very bold and distinctive flavors you may or may not want to mingle.
  Thursday:
Thursdays lunch included a Banana Zucchini muffin (recipe found on Made From Pinterest site).  These are DELICIOUS!!!  They made a big batch (18) and I froze half and the other half were eaten within 24 hours.  There is also a Chobani kids greek yogurt, hard-boiled egg, black olives, grapes, strawberries, bell peppers, cucumbers and some strawberry cream cheese for dipping.
 P.S. My daughter would not eat cucumbers until I got the idea to cut them into fun shapes with little cookie cutters and now they are her favorite vegetable!
 Friday:
I will try to make Fridays lunches a little more fun and special.  I call them Friday Fundays and put a little extra time into them! My daughter has been requesting a cat lunch note so I went a step further and created a cat theme for her lunch today. I made the lunch note with my Cricut-Create a Critter cartridge.  The sandwich is a PB & Marshmallow fluff sandwich (her 1st ever) cut with a CuteZCute Animal Friends cutter. She is learning sight words and already has a long list that she knows.  Her K teacher gave me a list of words that they will work on each week and I am trying to incorporate them in a fun way so I cut some cheese (my husband will laugh when he reads that) with the CuteZCute alphabet cutters.

Lunch also includes some shredded carrot, diced celery, hard-boiled egg, strawberries, nectarine, pistachios, raisins, and a few dark chocolate covered berries. The lunchbox container is a Rubbermaid Lunchblox container that comes with a fitted ice block that I have been using for all my lunches.


I hope you can find some inspiration and ideas here because I had a lot of fun making all of these!  Please visit again next week (hopefully Friday) when I will have another weeks re-cap.  You can also follow me on Instagram and Facebook.  I am completely new to this and would LOVE some followers on my blog here and on IG and FB!

I am sharing this post and linking to Kitchen Fun With My 3 Sons Link Party.  
 
I am also linking to Fun Food Friday at Eats Amazing.

 Eats Amazing Fun Food Friday

Thanks for visiting today! 

Crystal

P.S.  I have included links to some of the products I used to create these lunches in the right column.  If you are on a mobile device you will need to hit View Web Version at the bottom of the page to see these. :)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful lunches - and welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! I look forward to following and seeing all your future lunches!
    Thank you for linking up to Fun Food Friday!

    ReplyDelete