Saturday, September 20, 2014

Vegetarian Lunchbox Inspiration Week 2

I'm back with another week of inspiration for packing healthy and fun lunches for your little ones!  Last week my backordered Yumbox Panino came and even though it was a Saturday my little guy was so excited about having his own lunchbox like his sisters that I packed their lunches in it and served it to them at home.  They got a real kick out of that!

Saturdays lunch:
Macaroni and Cheese Muffins with broccoli and peas added.  Recipe here.  These are great to freeze and add to lunchboxes in the morning (or night before when I pack mine).  Bell pepper, hummus, strawberries, grapes, and Challah bread finish off the lunch.

Mondays lunch: 
Veggie and cream cheese wraps.  I chopped up some bell pepper, carrot and broccoli very small and added it to a whole grain tortilla spread with cream cheese.  These are some of my daughters favorite veggies but you could use any veggies that your kids like.  Pumpkin Granola Bars, recipe here.  These were super yummy and everyone devoured them quickly! Grapes, raspberries, pistachios, and chocolate covered pretzels.
Tuesdays lunch:
I added leftovers from the previous nights dinner (my daughters favorite meal).  It is a lentil burger (a "recipe" passed down from my mom that also used to be my favorite meal as a kid).  There really isn't a recipe for this.  I dice some carrots, celery, and onion.  Usually about a cup of diced carrots, a cup of diced celery and 1/3 cup diced onion.  Add to a pot with about 1 and 1/3 cup brown lentils.  Cover with water to the top of the mixture and let come to a boil and turn to low to simmer for 35-40 minutes until water is absorbed.  Add a little ketchup approximately 1/4 cup. Add a little whole wheat flour at a time until you get a good consistency to form patties.  Maybe about 3/4 cup.  Form into patties and cook in olive oil over a high heat, flipping when crispy.  Sometimes I add cheese to the top at the end to melt. 
I also had some leftover baked sweet potatoes that I added. A slice of cheese cut into a panda with CuteZCute Animal Friends topped the lentil burger with ketchup for dipping.  There are grapes as well.
Wednesdays Lunch had a rainbow theme:
There was a PB&J sandwich cut into a koala with CuteZCute cutters, pretzel sticks underneath, a rainbow fruit kebob, carrots, cucumber, purple bell pepper, black olives, and cream cheese with rainbow sprinkles.
Thursdays Lunch was apple "nachos" (homemade maple cinnamon almond butter topped with raisins, dried cherries, and pistachios with plenty of apple slices for dipping.) I prepare my lunches the night before so to prevent browning I dip the cut apples in O.J. and they stay nice looking for the next days lunch! There is also a Chobani Greek yogurt with pretzels hidden underneath and some kiwi with a little bit of rice krispie treat in the center well.  Banana was for snack.
Fridays Lunch:
Talk like a Pirate Day and Friday Funday combined for this lunch! There was a PB&Marshmallow fluff sandwich cut into a pirate panda.  Cheese on top and some purple bell pepper for the eyepatch kept in place with a dab of cream cheese.  Hard-boiled egg, nectarine, raspberries, blueberries, and cucumber finish this lunch off.  She loved this one!
 
I hope you get some ideas out of this post!  Remember that you can follow me on Instagram where I post the pics daily as well as on Facebook
 
There are links to products used in the right column and if you have any questions feel free to ask here or on FB.  Have a wonderful week!
 
Crystal






No comments:

Post a Comment